Building & Safety -
Additional Information Regarding the Inspection
A - Canceling an Inspection:
If the work will not be ready for inspection or if you need to cancel an inspection for any reason, call the Inspection Request Line at (408) 586-2797 before 7:00 am on the day of the inspection. Inspections cannot be cancelled online.
B - Reinspection fee is $114.80
Re-inspection fees may be charged when inspections are requested and:
- Permit cards and/or approved plans are not available at the job site at the time of inspection.
- There is a failure to provide access to the work site including the lack of proper ladders.
- Work for which the inspection was requested has not been completed.
- Corrections to the work called for by the inspector have not been made.
- Construction does not conform to the approved plans and requires submission of revised plans.
|Building & Safety Department||Hours:|
|455 East Calaveras Boulevard||Monday-Friday: 8:00 am-5:00 pm|
|Main Phone: (408) 586-3240|
|Building Inspection Requests: (408) 586-2797|
|Building Permits: (408) 586-3240|