Welcome to the Office of the City Clerk
The Milpitas City Clerk’s Office Has the Principal Responsibility for the Following Activities:
- Maintain a wide array of permanent records for the City government.
- Provide customer assistance by phone.
- Serve as Passport Acceptance agency under the US State Department.
- Prepare all City Council meeting agendas and distribute agenda packets
- Prepare and store all City Council meeting minutes and file all Commissions’ meeting minutes.
- Track all Council appointments to City Commissions, Committee and Board, including conducting outreach and supplying applications.
- Maintain the Directory of Local Officials (roster of Commissioners) and prepare annually the Local Appointments List each December.
- Publish the City’s Municipal Code, which includes ordinance history.
- Administer the Open Government ordinance, including lobbyist registration.
- Process applications for Bingo and Filming permits.
- Receive claims against the City.
- Manage receipt and filing of Campaign Committee reports (Form 460) twice annually.
- Administer annual Conflict of Interest FPPC Form 700 - Statement of Economic Interest.
- Implement Municipal Elections for Mayor and Councilmembers in even- numbered years (County Registrar of Voters)
- Serve as Filing Official for Petitions, Initiatives, Referendums and Recalls
- Assist customers with rental of City Hall facilities, including Council Chambers
- Keep track of the legislative history of Council actions
- Administer Oaths of Office
- Provide Notary Public service for City-related documents
- Maintain select City History
- City Clerk serves as Administrative Hearing Officer for parking violations, City invoices due (prior to liens on property), animal regulation violations and other matters, when needed
|City Clerk: Mary Lavelle
Phone: (408) 586-3001
|Milpitas City Clerk's Office||Hours:|
|455 East Calaveras Boulevard||Monday-Friday: 8:00 am-5:00 pm|
|Deputy City Clerk: Kathy Ynegas|
|Phone: (408) 586-3003|
The documents above are in PDF format. The files requires an Adobe Acrobat Reader, which may be downloaded for free by clicking on the icon below.