SCCVote Mobile Application for iPhone/iPad & Android
The City of Milpitas will hold its next municipal election on November 4, 2014, as it does in all even numbered years.
- One Mayor (current Mayor's term expires) to a 2-year term to expire November 2016
- Two Councilmembers to 4-year terms to expire November 2018
- Nomination filing period opens on Monday, July 14, 2014, for four weeks. Due date for nomination signatures will be Friday, August 8, 2104, on the 88th day prior to election. Nomination papers are issued to candidates only by the Milpitas City Clerk, during regular business hours at City Hall. A minimum of 20 and no more than 30 signatures from registered voters are necessary on the nomination paper.
- Any Milpitas registered voter who would like to declare himself or herself as a candidate for elective office may do so at any time, by filing an FPPC Form 501 ( http://www.sos.ca.gov/prd/forms/501.pdf) with the City Clerk. If a candidate starts to raise money for the campaign, and collects or spends more than $1,000, he or she must open a campaign committee by filing FPPC Form 410 (http://www.fppc.ca.gov/forms/2012/410.pdf) with the Secretary of State's Political Reform Division and a copy to City Clerk. The Secretary of State's office will issue the campaign ID number once the 410 is filed.
- For any questions about candidate filing in Milpitas (or regarding ballot measures), call the Milpitas City Clerk at 408-586-3001.
General Municipal Election - November 6, 2012
For previous election results, Voting By Mail, Poll Workers, Voter Registration, and information in select minority languages, link to the Santa Clara County Registrar of Voters website: www.sccvote.org
For more information about municipal elections, call the Milpitas City Clerk at 408-586-3001 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or the Deputy City Clerk at 408-586-3003 and email@example.com.
Where do I register to vote?
Santa Clara County Registrar of Voters:
1555 Berger Dr, Building 2, San Jose, CA 95112
(408) 299-8683 or 1(866) 430-8683
CA Secretary of State:
Where do I vote?
Call Santa Clara County Registrar of Voters
|Milpitas City Clerk's Office||Hours:|
|455 East Calaveras Boulevard||Monday-Friday: 8:00 am-5:00 pm|
|City Clerk: Mary Lavelle||Phone: (408) 586-3001|
|Deputy City Clerk: Kathy Ynegas||Phone: (408) 586-3003|
The documents above are in PDF format. The files requires an Adobe Acrobat Reader, which may be downloaded for free by clicking on the icon below.