Welcome to the Planning & Neighborhood Services Department
"The Planning & Neighborhood Services Department promotes and facilitates high quality of life through community partnerships, innovation, vision, and exemplary customer service to ensure a vibrant Milpitas."
Department Core Values:
- Customer Service. We strive for exemplary customer service, exceeding customer expectations, and improving our delivery of service through strategic and creative solutions.
- Leadership. As leaders, we strive to implement community vision through high quality planning and neighborhood preservation programs and standards.
- Integrity. We promote teamwork, diplomacy, courtesy, thoughtfulness, honesty, and candor in all interactions.
- Mutual Respect. We support citizen and stakeholder participation that promotes open communication and mutual respect.
- Innovation. As a unifying framework to meet sustainable environmental, economic and social goals, we are dedicated to improving our delivery of services.
- Teamwork. Collaboration, communication and cooperation are essential to our success. We expect the best of each other and ourselves. We build positive working relationships that enhance community livability to address local and regional challenges.
- Economic Vitality. We promote an environment where businesses can flourish, and seek mutually beneficial relationships with the business community.
Principal Housing Planner
Senior Housing Specialist
Neighborhood Beautification Hotline
Housing and Neigborhood Services staff ensures that properties are maintained in accordance with regulations of the Municipal Code and administers the Graffiti Abatement and Abandoned Vehicle Abatement Programs. This division also administers the City's affordable housing programs, the Community Develpment Block Grant (CDBG) and Housing Rehabilitation Loan Program.
Planning & Zoning Information
The Planning Division performs and coordinates the review of land development applications, provides public information on land use regulation and staffs the Planning Commission. The Division is also responsible for maintaining the General Plan, specific plans and the zoning ordinance.
| Planning & Neighborhood Services Director: Steven McHarris
Phone: (408) 586-3273
|455 East Calaveras Boulevard||Monday-Friday: 8:00 am-5:00 pm|
|Main Phone: (408) 586-3279|