Recreation Services oversees the operations and rentals of the Community Center, Senior Center, Sports Center (Athletic Fields, Large Gym & Swimming Pool) , Teen Center, Jose Higuera Adobe Building and the 21+ parks throughout Milpitas.
Our facilities and parks can be reserved for a variety of functions throughout the year accommodating 25-300 people. Rental fees vary by facility type and reservations are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. There is a $20 non-refundable application fee for all park and facility reservation applications, in addition to any applicable rental and insurance fees. This application fee is already included in the park reservation fees.
- Barbara Lee Senior Center
- The Barbara Lee Senior Center opened its doors in August 2010 and is located adjacent to City Hall and the Community Center. The Community Room has wooden floors and large windows that overlook areas of the Civic Center Plaza, and can accommodate up to 175, depending on the type of function.
- Community Center Auditorium
- The auditorium is a beautiful setting for your wedding reception, music or dance concert, business symposium or a family reunion. The auditorium accommodates up to 300 guests and features an automatic drop down screen, a kitchen where your caterer can store meals and many photo opportunities with the adjacent and water and grass features. Room 5, 7, 8, and the Dance Studio are perfect to host a meeting or rehearsals.
- Jose Higuera Adobe Building & Park
- The 700-foot historical building is a perfect setting for social gatherings and meetings. Just outside of the building are picnic tables and a BBQ pit. Historical exhibits are displayed in the building, so visitors can learn about the history of the Higuera Adobe.
- Outdoor Athletic Fields
- The Milpitas Sports Center provides support for the rental of several outdoor sports facilities during non-operational hours (see list and map of outdoor fields). Fields are available for public and private rental in accordance with all Field Use and Sports Facility Rules and Regulations as approved by the Milpitas City Council on 07-06-04.
- Park Facilities
- Park reservations can be made up to a year in advance by Milpitas residents and up to 6 months in advance by non-residents. Reservation must be made a minimum of 5 business days prior to date of use. All reservations and payments must be made in person and payment in the form of cash, cashier's check, money order or VISA or MasterCard. Depending on the type of event, additional charges and/or insurance may be required. Fees below include the non-refundable $20 application fee. Please Note: All fees and facility rules and regulations are subject to change.
- Sal Cracolice Building
- The Sal Cracolice Building is available for private rentals. The main building features an auditorium that can accommodate up to 100 people and includes a serving kitchen with steam table. The Annex (adjacent to the main building) offers a classroom, music room, dance room and art room.
- Sports Center
- The Milpitas Sports Center provides support for the rental of several outdoor sports facilities during non-operational hours (see list and map of outdoor fields). The large gym is available for public and private rental in accordance with all Facility Use regulations approved by the Milpitas City Council on 07-06-04. The Milpitas Sports Center also accepts application for the rental of swimming pools during non-operational times and based on staff and facility availability.
- Teen Center
- The Teen Center features a full kitchen, loft, flat screen TV, 2 Pool Tables, air hockey and a ping pong table! Take the hassle out of your next party and host a party at the Teen Center for up to 180 participants. The Teen Center is available to rent from 7:00am-11:00pm Saturday and Sunday. Please contact the Milpitas Sports Center at (408) 586-3225 to reserve the Teen Center.
For additional rules and regulations, click on the applicable facility.
|Park & Facility Rentals||Hours:|
|457 East Calaveras Boulevard||Monday-Thursday: 8:00am - 6:00pm|
|Main Phone: (408) 586-3210||Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
The documents above are in PDF format. The files requires an Adobe Acrobat Reader, which may be downloaded for free by clicking on the icon below.