Employment Services coordinates the recruitment and hiring process for all City of Milpitas positions, including both full-time and temporary employment opportunities. Human Resources staff collaborate with department managers to address organizational changes and current and future staffing requirements. Together we find ways to attract and retain a talented workforce, which is vital to any organization.
This process has been developed for benefited positions only. The Personnel Requisition process is designed to verify that positions that are being recruited for are positions that have been: budgeted for, approved by the City Council, and approved to fill by the City Manager.
This process is necessary in assisting the Human Resources Department with avoiding delays in recruitment requests, and to provide the requesting departments with time-lines in which to complete the recruitment.
- The Hiring Department completes Section I of the Personnel Requisition Form indicating: the position, reason for request, funding, hours, desired start date, etc.
- The Hiring Department forwards the Personnel Requisition Form to the Human Resources Department.
- The Human Resources Department completes Section II of the Personnel Requisition Form verifying: position control number and if a current eligibility list exists.
- The Human Resources Department forwards the Personnel Requisition Form to the Finance Department.
- The Finance Department completes Section III of the Personnel Requisition Form verifying the position has been budgeted for in that department’s budget.
- The Finance Department will return the Personnel Requisition Form to the Human Resources Department.
- The Human Resources Director will take the form to the City Manager for approval/denial to recruit.
- The City Manager completes Section IV of the Personnel Requisition Form indicating if the Hiring Department is approved or denied the ability to fill the position.
- A Human Resources Analyst will then contact the Department liaison to discuss the specifics of the recruitment, i.e., timelines, development of job announcements, special requests, etc.