To do your research, click on the “Record Research” button below. First time users, please, click on “Guidelines” below and follow the instructions. This system will allow you to locate a permit by the address and print specific details of that permit. You can also directly access permit information in a system by providing the permit number of the project you are doing research for. Records Research

Record research for digitized documents & Microfilm such as plans & documentation

Record research can be done in the City Hall by using either internal software Web Extender to access digitized documents images or by review microfilm images of the older projects. You may fill out a Milpitas – records request and a staff member will respond to your request within 10 days.  Depending on the type of request, where the documents are located and the number of items to locate and process your request the request may be completed within ten days, or we will notify you if additional time will be required to complete your request.

Copies of plans, calculations and soil reports are copyrighted and may need additional time to request authorization/release from the registered professional engineer/architect of record. To request a duplicate of the official copy of the plans for a past project you may fill out a Duplicate Copy Request and an Affidavit Requesting Duplication of Official Copy of Plans.