Please note Milpitas City Hall is closed on the following date for holiday:
Monday, May 29, 2017 Memorial Day
Passport Services by Appointment Only
The first day you can get appointment at City Hall is:
The City Clerk’s Office accepts applications for the traditional passport book and the newer passport card. Visit the U.S. State Department web site for more information. Call ( with any questions you may have about applying for a passport.
- SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT BY PHONE
- SEND AN EMAIL TO REQUEST APPOINTMENT
Confirmed appointments must be scheduled several weeks in advance. There’s NO WALK-IN SERVICE possible at the City Clerk’s Office. The last offered appointment time for each day is at 2:30pm – call at least 3 weeks ahead during school year due to very limited availability.
- Passport Application Hours:
Appointment times scheduled are:
Morning: 9:00 am, 9:30 am, 10:00 am, 10:30 am or
Afternoon: 1:30 pm, 2:00 pm, 2:30 pm
- Passport Application Location:
Milpitas City Hall – City Clerk’s Office on 3rd floor
Renewal of Adult Passports
DO-IT-YOURSELF BY MAILING IT IN! Adults will complete the DS-82 form and take it to your local post office to mail it in yourself to renew your U.S. passport. Current fee is $110. The City Clerk’s Office does not accept DS-82 forms.
First-Time Applicants for Passports
The U.S. Department of State Passport Agency has implemented changes to the process of applying for a U.S. Passport. Current regulations include:
- Two-parent consent required for all children age 15 and younger. Both parents are required to appear with children up to age 16.
- All applicants must appear in person (no exceptions).
- Application form – you have two options:
- Fee Schedule: The two separate fees (payable by check or money order) are:
|US Department of State||City of Milpitas|
|Adult passport book||$ 110||AND||$ 25|
|Child Passport book||$ 80||AND||$ 25|
|Adult passport card||$ 30||AND||$ 25|
|Child passport card||$ 15||AND||$ 25|
|Adult passport book & card||$ 140||AND||$ 25|
|Child passport book & card||$ 95||AND||$ 25|
|Expedite Fee additional||$ 60 (for each applicant)|
- Items to bring to your appointment:
- Form of Identification (Driver’s License, Passport, School ID) and a copy of the front and back of the ID.
- Unsigned application form DS-11.
- Original (not photocopy) proof of U.S. citizenship (Certified Birth Certificate or Certificate of Naturalization).
- One colored passport photo (size 2″ x 2″).
- Current U.S. Passport.
- Supporting documents in regards to name change, adoption, assumed name, sole custody of a minor, legal guardianship of a minor.
- Payments in the form of check or money order – no credit cards.
- Photograph: As of 11/01/2016, no eyeglasses allowed in photo.