City Hall will be closed on these following holidays:
December 22 and 25, 2017
January 1 and 15, 2018
Passport Services by Appointment Only
The first time you can get appointment at City Hall is: January 2018
- You may phone to inquire if any cancellations may allow you to come in soon. Call 408-586-3009 + press 4 during business hours (8 am–5 pm).
The City Clerk’s Office accepts applications for the traditional passport book and the newer passport card. Visit the U.S. State Department web site for more information. Call ( with any questions you may have about applying for a passport.
- SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT BY PHONE
- SEND AN EMAIL TO REQUEST APPOINTMENT
Confirmed appointments must be scheduled several weeks in advance. There’s NO WALK-IN SERVICE possible at the City Clerk’s Office. The last offered appointment time for each day is at 2:30pm – call at least 3 weeks ahead during school year due to very limited availability.
- Passport Application Hours:
Appointment times scheduled are:
Morning: 9:00 am, 9:30 am, 10:00 am, 10:30 am, 11 am, or 11:30 am
Afternoon: 1:30 pm, 2:00 pm, 2:30 pm
Appointments on afternoons only: 1 pm, 1:30 pm, 2 pm, 2:30 pm, 3 pm, or 3:30 pm
- Passport Application Location:
Milpitas City Hall – City Clerk’s Office on 3rd floor
Renewal of Adult Passports
DO-IT-YOURSELF BY MAILING IT IN! Adults will complete the DS-82 form and take it to your local post office to mail it in yourself to renew your U.S. passport. Current fee is $110. The City Clerk’s Office does not accept DS-82 forms.
First-Time Applicants for Passports
The U.S. Department of State Passport Agency has implemented changes to the process of applying for a U.S. Passport. Current regulations include:
- Two-parent consent required for all children age 15 and younger. Both parents are required to appear with children up to age 16.
- All applicants must appear in person (no exceptions).
- Application form – you have two options:
- Fee Schedule: The two separate fees (payable by check or money order) are:
|US Department of State||City of Milpitas|
|Adult passport book||$ 110||AND||$ 25|
|Child Passport book||$ 80||AND||$ 25|
|Adult passport card||$ 30||AND||$ 25|
|Child passport card||$ 15||AND||$ 25|
|Adult passport book & card||$ 140||AND||$ 25|
|Child passport book & card||$ 95||AND||$ 25|
|Expedite Fee additional||$ 60 (for each applicant)|
- Items to bring to your appointment:
- Form of Identification (Driver’s License, Passport, School ID) and a copy of the front and back of the ID.
- Unsigned application form DS-11.
- Original (not photocopy) proof of U.S. citizenship (Certified Birth Certificate or Certificate of Naturalization).
- One colored passport photo (size 2″ x 2″) – No Eyeglasses Allowed in Photo.
- Current U.S. Passport.
- Supporting documents in regards to name change, adoption, assumed name, sole custody of a minor, legal guardianship of a minor.
- Payments in the form of check or money order – no credit cards.