Welcome to the Public Works Department

pw_photo_buildingPublic Works Department is committed to enhancing the quality of life and ensuring public health and safety in the community as it relates to public infrastructure.

Public Works is responsible for Operations and Maintenance of City infrastructure. The department’s seven functions includes:

  • Public Works Administration
  • Street Maintenance
  • Utility Operations and Maintenance
  • Parks Maintenance
  • Trees & Landscape Maintenance
  • Fleet Maintenance
  • Facilities Maintenance

To help us maintain a safe and beautiful City of Milpitas, please report broken water & sewer pipes (city owned), issues with City landscaping, City tree problems, potholes, sewer problems, street light & traffic signal problems, water leaks (city side of property), and any other City maintenance issues.


Contact Us

Public Works Hotline, call or text: (408) 586-2600

Public Works E-mail: MilpitasWorks@ci.milpitas.ca.gov

Mobile App: MyMilpitas

Urgent calls outside of business hours are taken by the Milpitas Police Department at (408) 586-2400 and then relayed to Public Works on-call staff.

To Report Issues with Weeds, Sidewalk, Trees, Pavement or Other:

Animal related issues (dead animals, feral cat trapping, etc.) should be reported to San Jose Animal Care and Services at (408) 794-7297.


Public Works Director:
Nina Hawk
Phone: (408) 586-2603

Weed Abatement:

Public Works relies on customer service requests submitted to (408) 586-2600 in order to log and address weed abatement issues throughout the City.

If you are concerned about weeds in the public right-of-way, please call or text Public Works Administration at (408) 586-2600, e-mail us at MilpitasWorks@ci.milpitas.ca.gov, or submit a service request through the myMilpitas app.

For weed abatement concerns related to private properties, please contact Code Enforcement at (408) 586-3076.

For issues along 680, 880, Calaveras Road, or the freeway on/off ramps, please contact Caltrans District 4 office at (510) 286-4444 or submit a service request.

For issues on Montague Expressway please contact Santa Clara County Roads and Airports at (408) 494-2750 or submit a service request.