Welcome to the Public Works Department
Public Works is responsible for Operations and Maintenance of City infrastructure. The department’s seven functions includes:
- Public Works Administration
- Street Maintenance
- Utility Operations and Maintenance
- Parks Maintenance
- Trees & Landscape Maintenance
- Fleet Maintenance
- Facilities Maintenance
To help us maintain a safe and beautiful City of Milpitas, please report broken water & sewer pipes (city owned), issues with City landscaping, City tree problems, potholes, sewer problems, street light & traffic signal problems, water leaks (city side of property), and any other City maintenance issues.
Public Works Hotline, call or text: (408) 586-2600
Public Works E-mail: MilpitasWorks@ci.milpitas.ca.gov
Mobile App: MyMilpitas
Urgent calls outside of business hours are taken by the Milpitas Police Department at (408) 586-2400 and then relayed to Public Works on-call staff.
To Report Issues with Weeds, Sidewalk, Trees, Pavement or Other:
- On 680, 880, Calaveras Rd., and freeway on/off ramps – CA Dept. of Transportation (Caltrans)
- On Montague Expressway – Santa Clara County Roads and Airports or (408) 494-2750
- In the public right-of-way – Call, or text, Public Works at (408) 586-2600
- On private property – Code Enforcement at (408) 586-3076
Animal related issues (dead animals, feral cat trapping, etc.) should be reported to San Jose Animal Care and Services at (408) 794-7297.
Public Works Director:
Phone: (408) 586-2603