INTRODUCTION: This first Logo Design Contest has been established by Milpitas Unified School District and the City of Milpitas to give the students of Milpitas the opportunity to show their artistic ideas and show team and school spirit. This design contest will give participants the opportunity to design a logo for the Milpitas Elementary Olympics (“MEO”) scheduled for May 5, 2018. By participating in the contest, the artist accepts and agrees to comply with the official rules, listed below.
ELIGIBILITY: The contest is open to elementary school students in Milpitas Unified School District who are between 1st through 6th grade at the time of entry. Parents or legal guardians must sign the consent block on the Official Entry Form to ensure permission.
THEME: The design should be dynamic, unique, creative, and incorporate the spirit of Milpitas, its international community, and the bond(s) created through Olympic game competition. The logo may incorporate other imagery, abstract symbols or a catchphrase.
ENTRY: To enter the contest, eligible participants must:
- Complete the Official Entry Form (Available on Thursday, August 17)
- Create a logo! See “Logo File Format” below for more details.
- Submit up logo designs by entry due date of November 10, 2017.
- Logos may not include images or replications of images associated with any Official Olympics or Olympic Games trademark (i.e. Olympic rings, motto, torch, flame Special Olympics, etc.)
- Email your completed Official Entry Form and design to email@example.com or Jclevenger@ci.milpitas.ca.gov or hand deliver your entry items to either the Milpitas District Office Room 210 at 1331 E. Calaveras Blvd. Milpitas, CA 95035 or Milpitas Community Center at 457 E Calaveras Blvd. Milpitas, ca 95035 by the November 10 deadline, listed below.
LOGO FILE FORMAT: The logo can be hand drawn, digitally drawn or scanned. Please make the logo a large enough drawing for judges to see and understand your artwork. Any emailed file must be less than 10 MB as a pdf file. We will be digitizing the winning logo.
Please note: The selected logo will be printed on small and large surfaces including banners, and might be used in color or grayscale. The MEO committee reserves the right to edit and reproduce submitted art work by participants at any time. Logos and images will becomes virtual property of the MEO.
DEADLINE: You must submit your design and completed entry form by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on Friday, November 10, 2017.
PRIZES: The winner will receive their name on a perpetual trophy and will be kept at the artist’s school. The winning logo will be featured in all material for the MEO this year. The winning logo will be used as representation of the MEO including promotional items, and on the official website and all other means needed for the Milpitas Elementary Olympics.
WINNING ENTRY: MEO committee members will screen all entries that comply with the Official Contest Rules and have met the guidelines and specifications detailed above. The winner will be notified by telephone, email, or mail by December 15, 2017.