Sara Court, Case Manager, is available by appointment ONLY on weekdays to assist seniors and the disabled in the following areas:
- Social Services: Medicare, Medi-Cal, Social Security, SSI, Health Insurance, Medical bills
- Housing : Low income housing, Nursing Homes, Care Homes Placement
- Citizenship & Immigration Problems
- Food: Brown bag, Food Vouchers (from The Salvation Army), CalFresh (Food Stamps), Meals on Wheels
- Care Giving: Adult Day Care, In Home Care
- Low Income Telephone Program: Lifeline, California Telephone Access Program (Devices for People With Impairments)
- PG&E Bill Assistance: H.E.A.P. & Care Program, Weatherization Program
- Social Services Presentations
Case Manager Appointments:
Seniors who need assistance should call (408) 586-3405 to make an appointment. If you “drop-in” to see the Case Manager, an appointment will be made for you to return at a later time. Senior Center Membership is required for Case Manager assistance.
Please call (408) 586-3405 to determine what documentation is required at your appointment.
Links to Additional Senior Services:
February marks National Senior Independence Month. Take this opportunity to evaluate your current living situation; Notice the strengths and weaknesses in your daily routine and make adjustments for a better lifestyle. Be sure to come to our presentations in January and February to learn more about simple steps you can take to “age in place” as long as possible!
Resource of the Month
Rebuilding Together Silicon Valley
1701 South 7th Street #10
San Jose, CA 95112
Rebuilding Together Silicon Valley (RTSV) provides critical home repairs to over 600 clients per year. Their work preserves affordable housing by transforming homes and lives through critical repairs and accessibility modifications for low-income homeowners and community centers, at no cost to the service recipient. The majority of the low-income homeowners they serve are elderly seniors and/or people with disabilities, who are physically and financially unable to maintain safe and warm living conditions for themselves and their families.