Sara Court, Case Manager, is available by appointment ONLY on weekdays to assist seniors and the disabled in the following areas:
- Social Services: Medicare, Medi-Cal, Social Security, SSI, Health Insurance, Medical bills
- Housing : Low income housing, Nursing Homes, Care Homes Placement
- Citizenship & Immigration Problems
- Food: Brown bag, Food Vouchers (from The Salvation Army), CalFresh (Food Stamps), Meals on Wheels
- Care Giving: Adult Day Care, In Home Care
- Low Income Telephone Program: Lifeline, California Telephone Access Program (Devices for People With Impairments)
- PG&E Bill Assistance: H.E.A.P. & Care Program, Weatherization Program
- Social Services Presentations
Case Manager Appointments:
Seniors who need assistance should call (408) 586-3405 to make an appointment. If you “drop-in” to see the Case Manager, an appointment will be made for you to return at a later time. Senior Center Membership is required for Case Manager assistance.
Please call (408) 586-3405 to determine what documentation is required at your appointment.
Links to Additional Senior Services:
Case Management Services are available for members by appointment with Sara Court, the Case Manager. Services available include housing, transportation, utility assistance, medical benefits and more. Call 408-586-3400 or stop by the Front Desk to schedule an appointment.
Resource of the Month
Family Caregiver Alliance is the first community-based nonprofit organization in the country to address the needs of families and friends providing long-term care for loved ones at home. FCA, as a public voice for caregivers, shines light on the challenges caregivers face daily and champions their cause through education, services, and advocacy. The services, education programs, and resources FCA provides are designed with caregivers’ needs in mind and offer support, tailored information, and tools to manage the complex demands of caregiving.
Family Caregiver Alliance