Sara Court, Case Manager, is available by appointment ONLY on weekdays to assist seniors and the disabled in the following areas:
- Social Services: Medicare, Medi-Cal, Social Security, SSI, Health Insurance, Medical bills
- Housing : Low income housing, Nursing Homes, Care Homes Placement
- Citizenship & Immigration Problems
- Food: Brown bag, Food Vouchers (from The Salvation Army), CalFresh (Food Stamps), Meals on Wheels
- Care Giving: Adult Day Care, In Home Care
- Low Income Telephone Program: Lifeline, California Telephone Access Program (Devices for People With Impairments)
- PG&E Bill Assistance: H.E.A.P. & Care Program, Weatherization Program
- Social Services Presentations
Case Manager Appointments:
Seniors who need assistance should call (408) 586-3405 to make an appointment. If you “drop-in” to see the Case Manager, an appointment will be made for you to return at a later time. Senior Center Membership is required for Case Manager assistance.
Please call (408) 586-3405 to determine what documentation is required at your appointment.
Links to Additional Senior Services:
February marks National Senior Independence Month. Take this opportunity to evaluate your current living situation, and notice the strengths and weaknesses in your daily routine and make adjustments for a better lifestyle. Be sure to check out our Age Friendly Area during the month of February to learn more about simple steps you can take to “age in place” as long as possible!
Resource of the Month
Catholic Charities – County of Santa Clara’s House Sharing Program
The House Sharing Program is designed to expand affordable housing options for Santa Clara County residents through the use of underutilized-homes and stability for community members with varying income levels, such as seniors, persons on fixed incomes, working individuals, transition youth, students and veterans.
To arrange for an interview or more information on the program, visit the House Sharing website at www. catholiccharitiesscc.org/house-sharing and complete the inquiry form.