Mary Bedford-Carter, Case Manager, is available by appointment ONLY on weekdays to assist seniors and the disabled in the following areas:
- Social Services: Medicare, Medi-Cal, Social Security, SSI, Health Insurance, Medical bills
- Housing : Low income housing, Nursing Homes, Care Homes Placement
- Citizenship & Immigration Problems
- Food: Brown bag, Food Vouchers (from The Salvation Army), CalFresh (Food Stamps), Meals on Wheels
- Care Giving: Adult Day Care, In Home Care
- Low Income Telephone Program: Lifeline, California Telephone Access Program (Devices for People With Impairments)
- PG&E Bill Assistance: H.E.A.P. & Care Program, Weatherization Program
- Social Services Presentations
Case Manager Appointments:
Seniors who need assistance should call (408) 586-3405 to make an appointment. If you “drop-in” to see the Case Manager, an appointment will be made for you to return at a later time. Senior Center Membership is required for Case Manager assistance.
Please call (408) 586-3405 to determine what documentation is required at your appointment.
Links to Additional Senior Services:
Become a volunteer through the “Friendly Visitors” Program:
Soon the Barbara Lee Senior will launch the “Friendly Visitors” program. This program matches volunteer visitors to
eligible participants who, due to health and mobility restrictions are losing touch with their community. This service
attempts to enhance the client’s quality of life and helps to improve their health and independence by providing a friend
who will assist in activating social skills and maintain community contacts. To learn more about volunteering with Friendly
Visitors, contact the Case Manager at (408) 586-3405, or email: email@example.com
Case Management Services are available for members by appointment with Mary Bedford-Carter, the Case Manager. Services available include housing, transportation, utility assistance, medical benefits and more. Call 408-586-3400 or stop by the Front Desk to schedule an appointment.