After the Bell (ATB) is an after school program offered to students in grades 1-6 at Burnett, Curtner, Pomeroy, Spangler, Weller, Zanker, and Mattos Elementary Schools from school dismissal until 6:00 pm, including minimum days. ATB is a youth enrichment program where specially trained and energetic staff stimulate the childrens’ minds through fun and exciting learning activities. Children will receive homework help, participate in teambuilding games, enjoy creative activities and experience new recreational opportunities.
|Sample Daily Schedule|
|School Dismissal (3:00p.m.)||Free Play|
|3:00p.m. - 4:00p.m.||Homework (Monday-Thursday)|
|Team Building (Friday)|
|4:00p.m. - 5:00p.m.||Special Activity|
|5:00p.m. - 6:00p.m.||Free Play|
Due to the current public gathering restrictions due to COVID-19, In Person registration may be cancelled. Families are encouraged to make arrangements to register their child(ren) online.
- Registration begins the week of May 18, 2020.
- We highly recommend online registration. All registration is first-come, first serve. Spaces are not saved for online or in-person registration.
- Registration/Payments will not be accepted at the schools/program sites. Please register and make payment at the Milpitas Sports Center (1325 E. Calaveras Blvd.)
- An additional non-resident fee of $20.00 for non-Milpitas residents (per registered child) is due with the first payment. For Milpitas residents please be prepared to show TWO proofs of residency.
|Burnett||Online||May 18 at 8:00p.m.|
|Curtner||Online||May 19 at 8:00p.m.|
|Mattos||Online||May 20 at 8:00p.m.|
|Pomeroy||Online||May 21 at 8:00p.m.|
|Spangler||Online||May 22 at 8:00p.m.|
|Weller||Online||May 23 at 8:00p.m.|
|Zanker||Online||May 25 at 8:00p.m.|
|$1,800||Full payment when registering|
|$320||May 18 - May 27, 2020 (AUG-SEP)|
|$530||September 2, 2020 (OCT-DEC)|
|$540||December 2, 2020 (JAN-MAR)|
|$410||March 4, 2021|
Online registration begins at 8:00p.m. on May 18, 2020. See Registration Schedule for specific school site registration dates.
1) Go to http://www.ci.milpitas.ca.gov/recreation
2) Select “After the Bell” in the left side menu
3) Select “Register”
4) Type “After the Bell” into the search area.
Or type this URL directly into your internet browser: https://activenet.active.com/milpitasrec
* Transaction Fees are non-refundable.
- Program hours are Monday-Friday, from school dismissal until 6:00 pm on school days (see Holiday dates for non-program days). During minimum days, the program will begin when school is dismissed until 6:00 pm.
- Only those listed on the Registration Form will be authorized to pick up students from the program. Please make sure to update the form as needed.
- For those participants registered through the payment schedule: payments must be received on or before the deadlines to continue in the program. Late payments are not accepted.
- If a child does not attend school due to illness, they will not be permitted to attend the After the Bell program. Our children’s health and safety is our first priority!
- A $10 late fee will be charged starting at 6:01 pm, with an additional $10 for every 10 minutes thereafter. Should the participant not be picked up within a half hour of the end of the program, the Milpitas Police Department will be contacted. Late fees must be paid within three (3) business days, of receiving the late fee notice; otherwise your child will not be allowed to return to the class/program.
2019/2020 School Year
September 2: Labor Day
October 14: Indigenous Peoples Day
November 1: Teacher In-Service Day
November 11: Veterans Day
November 27-29: Thanksgiving Break
December 23-January 3: Winter Break
January 20: MLK Day
January 24: Teacher In-Service Day
February 17-21: Ski Week
March 30: Cesar Chavez Day
April 13-17: Spring Break
May 25: Memorial Day