LYFE is an after school program for students in grades 7-8 at Rancho and Thomas Russell Middle Schools from school dismissal until 5:30 p.m., including minimum days. Leading Youth Futures Everyday (LYFE) is a young teen enrichment program where trained and energetic staff engage students through experiential learning. For only $8 a day (School Year 2020-2021 pricing), students will receive homework assistance, participate in team-building and elective based activities, all while discovering their learning potential outside of the classroom.
|Sample Daily Schedule||Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday|
|School Dismissal (3:15p.m.)||Sign-in and Healthy Snack|
|3:15p.m. - 3:40p.m.||Homework - part 1|
|3:40p.m. - 3:50p.m.||Break|
|3:50p.m. - 4:15p.m.||Homework - part 2|
|4:15p.m.-5:00p.m.||Student Electives (staff led)|
|5:00p.m. - 5:30p.m.||Supervised free time (sports, games, internet, hang out with friends)|
|Sample Daily Schedule||Wednesday|
|School Dismissal (1:45p.m.)||Sign-in and Healthy Snack|
|1:45p.m. - 1:55p.m.||Social Topic Discussion (staff led)|
|1:55p.m. - 2:20p.m.||Homework - part 1|
|2:20p.m. - 2:30p.m.||Break|
|2:30p.m. - 2:55p.m.||Homework - part 2|
|2:55p.m. - 3:40p.m.||Special Enrichment Activity (staff led)|
|(i.e. Community-Based Learning, Asset Hour, Harvest of the Month and more.|
|3:40p.m. - 3:50p.m.||Break|
|3:50p.m. - 4:35p.m.||Student Electives (staff led)|
|4:35p.m. - 5:30p.m.||Supervised free time (sports, games, internet, hang out with friends)|
- Registration begins online on May 25, 2020 at 8:00p.m..
- We highly recommend online registration. All registration is first-come, first serve. Spaces are not saved for online or in-person registration.
- Registration/Payments will not be accepted at the schools/program sites. Please register and make payment at the Milpitas Sports Center (1325 E. Calaveras Blvd.)
- An additional non-resident fee of $20.00 for non-Milpitas residents (per registered child) is due with the first payment. For Milpitas residents please be prepared to show TWO proofs of residency.
School Year 2020-2021 LYFE fees are calculated at $8 per day, on a sliding scale for families that qualify (see chart below for complete details). Families have the option of paying on a monthly payment plan or paying for the program in full at the time of registration.
- Yearly total based on 180 school days = $1,440
- Average per month based on 10 months = $144
All families registered in LYFE monthly payment plan will be required to have a valid credit card on file. Families will have the choice to pay in-person prior to the payment due date or have our staff automatically charge the credit card on file the day after payment is due.
In-person transaction fees will be $3 per transaction, online- automatic payments will be $3 per transaction and online registration will be calculated at approximately 7% of your total transaction amount.
All payments must be received, in-full, on or before the deadlines listed below. Should a payment not be received by the deadlines listed below, your spot will be forfeited to the next person on the waiting list for the entire school year. There will be no grace period for late payments! Please make sure all credit cards on file are valid and current.
LYFE scholarships are available!
Please contact the Milpitas Community Center at (408) 586-3210 for more information.
2020-2021 Online registration begins at 8:00p.m. on May 25, 2020. See Registration Schedule for specific school site registration dates.
1) Go to http://www.ci.milpitas.ca.gov/recreation
2) Select “LYFE” in the left side menu
3) Select “Register”
4) Type “LYFE” into the search area.
Or type this URL directly into your internet browser: https://activenet.active.com/milpitasrec
* Transaction Fees are non-refundable.
- Program hours are Monday-Friday from school dismissal until 5:30pm, everyday school is in session (non-program days are listed). During minimum days, the program will begin when school is dismissed until 5:30pm.
- A $10 late fee will be charged starting at 5:31pm, with an additional $10 for every 10 minutes thereafter. Should the participant not be picked up within a half hour of the end of the program, the Milpitas Police Department will be contacted. Late fees must be paid within three (3) business days of receiving the late fee notice, otherwise your child will not be allowed to return to the program.
- Those listed as “Authorized Pick Up,” are the only people students will be released to with a valid ID.
- Parents who would like their student to walk home each day must complete the “Teen Walk Home Form,” prior to the student walking home.
- Each day LYFE will serve a healthy snack. Please notify staff of any food allergies your child may have.
- What are my students eating for Harvest of the Month? Take a look!
2020/2021 School Year
September 2: Labor Day
October 14: Indigenous Peoples Day
November 1: Teacher In-Service Day
November 11: Veterans Day
November 27-29: Thanksgiving Break
December 23-January 3: Winter Break
January 20: MLK Day
January 24: Teacher In-Service Day
February 17-21: Ski Week
March 30: Cesar Chavez Day
April 13-17: Spring Break
May 25: Memorial Day