- Milpitas rocks! Paint river rocks with inspirational messages and images and leave them in nature for others to spot. The painted rock phenomenon is nationwide, so you can post photos of your finds on Instagram with the tag #paintedrocks, #MilpitasStrong and #MilpitasVCC to show us!
- Start an Isolation Journal. Sign up online with the Isolation Project to get a free daily creative writing prompt.
- Chalk your walk, driveway, patio, or concrete deck. Use sidewalk chalk, or for more vibrant pictures, chalk pastels. (Do not use oil pastels.) Share a picture of your masterpiece by tagging #MilpitasVCC or email a jpeg to firstname.lastname@example.org for possible inclusion in our virtual Phantom Art Gallery.
- Sew a fabric face mask for yourself or your family members. Follow CDC Guidelines to make sure your mask is effective. Here are instructions for an easy-to-sew surgical-style mask from Kaiser. Here’s a YouTube video and pattern for another easy style, the Olson mask, which has a filter pocket.
- Create a Covid-19 Time Capsule. Record what your life was life during this historic time. Here’s a free, downloadable PDF coloring book journal created by Canadian mom and graphic designer Natalie Long.
Other Fun, Interesting and Inexpensive Online Activities and Websites
- Visit a virtual museum. Travel and Leisure’s 12 Famous Museums offers great options from around the world.
- Art for Kids Hub YouTube youth drawing classes.
- Jumpstart easy arts and crafts and cooking projects that can be done with limited supplies.
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems! – Kennedy Center Education Artist-in-Residence Mo Willems explore ways of writing and making with kids of all ages
- Parade Magazine’s List of 125 Things to Do with Kids During the Coronavirus Crisis
Opportunities See/Share Art and Performances by Milpitas Residents
- Coming Soon!