- Milpitas Coronavirus Information, Alerts and Updates, including resources for housing, small business and more
- Barbara Lee Senior Center Senior Nutrition Program – Pre-order and pick up to-go lunch for ages 60+. Suggested donation $3, but no senior turned away for lack of funds.
- Meals on Wheels – Register for delivery of 14 free meals per week for ages 60+ and disabled individuals. During to Shelter-in-Place restrictions, seniors who may not have previously qualified as mobility-challenges now qualify.
- Milpitas Unified School District Student Nutrition Program – Pick up to-go breakfast and lunch for youth under age 18. Meals available 9:00 a.m. to noon twice weekly (normally Mondays, Thursdays) at Milpitas High School, Spangler Elementary, Randall Elementary, and the MUSD District Office Board Room. Youth must be present for pick-up. Bring a bag or box to carry meals home.
- Santa Clara County Behavioral Health Services – If you or a household member is really struggling, many resources are available, including mental health urgent care, emergency psychiatric services, peer support, a mobile crisis response team, and suicide prevention resources, including through Milpitas HOPE.
How to Help:
- Milpitas Volunteer Program – Register to be notified of opportunities to help during the current emergency and at other times. This site is operated by the City of Milpitas, but we share calls to assist other agencies when as appropriate.
- Silicon Valley Strong – Volunteer recruitment for regional Covid-19 relief and recovery efforts
- Wear Face Coverings (Non-Medical Grade Masks) in Public – Follow CDC Guidelines to make sure your face covering or mask is effective. Here are instructions for an easy-to-sew surgical-style mask from Kaiser. Here’s a YouTube video and pattern for another easy style, the Olson mask, which has a pocket for a filter. Save N-95 masks and medical grade-masks for heath care workers, first responders and other essential workers.
- Donate Emergency Supplies – Drop off donations of hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes, non-Latex gloves, new-in-package N95 masks for first responders, new-in-package face masks for patients. Donations can be left at Milpitas Fire Station 1, 777 S. Main St. (across from Taco Bell), in the front entrance area near the posted container.