Indoor Activities by Your Favorite Milpitas Instructors:
- Mattos ATB Leader Bryant Chau: Pizza Dip
- Curtner ATB Leader Alicia Cerda: Bubble Snakes and Glue Painting
- Diets and Life: Free recipes for a variety of healthy snacks to make at home
- Little Stars Learning Academy: Free virtual Meet-Up and Power Bodies class for preschoolers ages 3-5, taught by your favorite Little Stars Learning Academy staff. Class meets May 15 and May 21. Space is limited! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to join in on the fun.
Indoor (Mostly) Offline Activities:
- Make a Real Simple Terrarium to bring the outdoors in.
- Read a book. If you’ve exhausted your print supply of reading material, Santa Clara County’s online library, featuring ebooks, emovies, emusic and more ensures you’ll never run out of electronic reading material. Get an online library card, and catch up on reading the Silicon Valley Reads selections. Here’s an easy app to help you check items out online.
- Share your musical talent. Borrow an idea from Italy and open your window to play or sing a song for your neighbors. Do be considerate, though, and only share one song per day, and not when your neighbors are sleeping!
- Challenge yourself in the kitchen. Make a new recipe. If you are really feeling adventurous, pick four random ingredients you have on hand and try to create a dish, like they do on Chopped. If you’re stumped, here’s a list of apps to help you figure out what to cook with what you have on hand.
- Check your home for water leaks and inefficiencies. Order a free Water Wise Survey Kit from Valley Water. Get the kids involved with these activities from the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Play a new game with your dog. Check out the American Kennel Club’s Great Indoor Games to Play with Your Dog.
Other Fun, Interesting and Inexpensive Online Activities and Websites:
- Visit Virtual Disney World and “ride” the rides virtually via YouTube videos.
- Tour a National Park virtually: Yellowstone
- Good Housekeeping’s list of 30 Best Virtual Tours of museums, zoos and theme parks
- NASA’s International Space Station website. The astronauts are pros at keeping busy and having fun in social isolation setting!
- Jumpstart easy arts and crafts and cooking projects that can be done with limited supplies.
- The Tech Interactive in San Jose at-home activities
- Monterey Bay Aquarium live cams on the Aquarium’s animals
- National Geographic Kids Science Lab – Science experiments, videos and articles
- National Ocean Service (NOAA) Kids – Science activities and resources for kids and educators
- Parade Magazine’s List of 125 Things to Do with Kids During the Coronavirus Crisis
- Sustainable Milpitas — Educational links and activities to help you learn to live eco-friendly and support Milpitas Climate Action Plan
- Play a new game with your dog. Check out these Great Indoor Games from the American Kennel Club.