Activities Led by Your Favorite Milpitas Rec Instructors
- Cici’s Sweet Treats’ Chef Jennifer Reyes teaches you fun recipes for one: Whipped Coffee
- Spring Chickens’ instructor Fernanda Daldon leads balance and cardio chair exercises from her garden.
Other Activities for Seniors
- Write your autobiography to share with the younger generation. Here are some writing prompts to Jumpstart the Memories.
- Listen to free Audible books.
- Work in the garden. Here are five great tips to make gardening more comfortable for older folks.
- Play online brain games. Here are online games compiled by AARP and another great list of free games.
- Exercise at home with the Silver Sneakers Chair Workout.
- Sing online karaoke. Choose from oldies, musical theatre, jazz and more.
- Learn a new line dance. Youtube has lots of free video tutorials, like these designed for seniors by Jenny McClendon.
Resources for Seniors
- Barbara Lee Senior Center Senior Nutrition Program – Pre-order and pick up to-go lunch for ages 60+. Suggested donation $3, but no senior turned away for lack of funds.
- Meals on Wheels – Register for delivery of 14 free meals per week for ages 60+ and disabled individuals. During to Shelter-in-Place restrictions, seniors who may not have previously qualified as mobility-challenges now qualify.
- Bay Area stores offering special senior shopping hours during Shelter-in-Place, compiled by the folks at FunCheap.com.
- Institute on Aging’s Friendship Line – Trained volunteers make outreach calls to and staff a crisis line for lonely, depressed, isolated or suicidal adults 60+.