Latest Milpitas News
- RECREATION AND COMMUNITY SERVICES SUMMER PROGRAMMING: On June 1, the Santa Clara County updated the Shelter-in-Place Order to set guidelines for childcare, summer camps, summer school, and other educational or recreational programs for children in stable groups of up to 12. Please read the June 19 memorandum for more information.
- FACE COVERINGS ORDER: The State, on June 18, is now requiring all Californians to wear face masks in public places. The City’s April 22 order, requiring the use of face coverings in Milpitas is still in effect. Read the full City order here and FAQs are available here. More information on the City’s efforts in coordinating community partnerships on face coverings can be found here.
- POLICE DEPARTMENT LOBBY: The Police Department lobby is now reopened to the public, with a limit of 4 visitors in the lobby at a time. Face masks and gloves are provided at entry. To conveniently schedule an appointment online, click here. If you have important business such as requesting a copy of police report, a requirement to register, a requirement to pre-book before a court date or have general questions, you may visit during normal business hours, or call (408) 586-2400 and our staff will help you make an appointment and address your questions.
- FREE MEALS AND GROCERY: The City of Milpitas and the Milpitas Unified School District, along with other community partners, are working together to ensure every Milpitas resident has access to food during this time, find more information here.
- PARK PLAYGROUNDS AND SPORTS COURTS: Effective immediately, all park playgrounds and sports courts are CLOSED indefinitely. Parks do remain open for passive activities such as walking, running, bird watching, or biking only. For more information on Park Maintenance contact the Public Works Department at (408) 586-2600.