Meeting Frequency: Typically prior to every regular City Council Meeting at 3:00 p.m.
Meeting Location: Milpitas City Hall, Committee Conference Room, 455 E. Calaveras Blvd.
Council Liaisons: Councilmembers Nuñez and Montano
Staff Liaison: Building Safety and Housing Department
Latest News and Updates:
At the October 15 City Council meeting, the Milpitas City Council approved several programs in response to community demand for assistance in protecting tenants from unreasonable rent increases and evictions, and to provide a mechanism to prohibit income discrimination and landlord retaliation. Click here to read more about the programs that were passed that evening.
- Created a Pilot Rent Relief Program to provide various forms of financial relief to Milpitas residents and families who have emergency housing needs. Click here to learn more. Information is available in the following languages: Spanish, Vietnamese, and Chinese.
- Community Outreach
- City staff has developed partnerships with various community partners. Check out the Housing homepage for upcoming events and workshops.
- Established an Urgency Rent Review Ordinance
- Established an Urgency Just Cause Eviction Ordinance
- Created a comprehensive Housing Resources Guide for Milpitas residents
- City staff created a Housing Resources website and a corresponding brochure with a range of resources for housing services and homelessness prevention
- Created a public utility assistance program to qualifying families through the Milpitas Assistance Program
- Partnering with Milpitas Unified School District to provide opportunities for foster youth and students experiencing homelessness in the Milpitas community