After The Bell - After School Program
After the Bell (ATB) is an after school program offered during the school year at Burnett, Curtner, Weller and Zanker Elementary Schools from school dismissal until 6:00 pm.
The ATB program is an extension of the classroom where we stimulate the children's mind through fun and exciting learning activities by specially trained and energetic staff. Children will receive homework help, participate in teambuilding games, enjoy creative activities and experience new recreational opportunities.
Registration Day 2012-2013 School Year:
The first day of registration for the After the Bell program for the school year 2012/2013 will be Thursday, August 2, 2012 at 8:00am at the Milpitas Community Center (457 East Calaveras Boulevard). Due to the popularity of the program, parents are encouraged to arrive early since spaces fill up quickly!!
This payment schedule will ensure the child's enrollment into the program for an entire year and provide youth with consistent after school programming! All payments must be received on or before the deadline listed above. Should a payment not be received by the deadline, your spot will be forfeited to the next person on the waiting list for the entire school year. There will be no grace period for payments! To make your payments easier, you can pre-authorize us to charge your credit card according to the payment schedule. Please make sure all credit cards on file are valid and current.
For more information on this registration process or about the ATB program, please contact the Milpitas Community Center at (408) 586-3210.
|$1,260||Full payment when registering (August 2012 - June 2013)|
|$203||August 2, 2012 (August - September)|
|$392||September 13, 2012 (October - December)|
|$371||December 6, 2012 (January - March)|
|$294||March 7, 2013 (April - June)|
Please Note: Fees are calculated at $7/day.
- Registration begins Thursday, August 2, 2012 8:00 am, at the Community Center and is on a first come first serve basis.
- Registration will not be accepted at the schools/program sites.
- Payment of full fees or through the described payment schedule is required. Payment schedule requires a minimum of $203.00 per registered child paid in full at the time of registering.
- An additional non-resident fee of $20.00 for non-Milpitas residents (per registered child) is due with the first payment.
Things You Need to Know:
- Program hours are Monday-Friday, from school dismissal until 6:00 pm on school days (see Holiday dates for non-program days). During minimum days, the program will begin when school is dismissed until 6:00 pm.
- Only those listed on the Registration Form will be authorized to pick up students from the program. Please make sure to update the form as needed.
- For those participants registered through the payment schedule: payments must be received on or before the deadlines to continue in the program. Late payments are not accepted.
- If a child does not attend school due to illness, they will not be permitted to attend the After the Bell program. Our children's health and safety is our first priority!
- A $10 late fee will be charged starting at 6:01 pm, with an additional $10 for every 10 minutes thereafter. Should the participant not be picked up within a half hour of the end of the program, the Milpitas Police Department will be contacted. Late fees must be paid within three (3) business days, of receiving the late fee notice; otherwise your child will not be allowed to return to the class/program
- Low-income assistance is available to those families who meet HUD requirements requirements through the Recreation Assistance Program (RAP). For more information, call Dale Flunoy at (408) 586-3228. All information is confidential.
No Program on the following Holidays/Non School Days (2012-2013 School Year):
September 3: Labor Day
November 1: MUSD Staff Development Day
November 12: Veterans Day
November 22 - 23: Thanksgiving Day
December 24-January 4: Winter Break
January 21: Martin Luther King Jr’s Birthday
January 30: MUSD Staff Development Day
February 18 - 22: February Break
April 8 - 12: Spring Break
May 6: Cinco de Mayo (observed)
May 27: Memorial Day
|After The Bell Program||Hours:|
|457 East Calaveras Boulevard||Monday-Thursday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Program Coordinator: Samu Tiumalu||Phone: (408) 586-3222|
The documents above are in PDF format. The files requires an Adobe Acrobat Reader, which may be downloaded for free by clicking on the icon below.