After The Bell - After School Program
After the Bell (ATB) is an after school program offered during the school year at Burnett, Curtner, Weller and Zanker Elementary Schools from school dismissal until 6:00 pm.
The ATB program is an extension of the classroom where we stimulate the children's mind through fun and exciting learning activities by specially trained and energetic staff. Children will receive homework help, participate in teambuilding games, enjoy creative activities and experience new recreational opportunities.
Registration begins the week of Monday, July 26, 2015 at 8:00am at the Milpitas Sports Center (1325 E. Calaveras Blvd.).
NEW! Registration will be available online OR in- person at the Milpitas Sports Center (1325 E. Calaveras Blvd.)
2015 - 2016 Registration Schedule is as follows:
- Burnett: Online- Sunday, July 26 at 8:00pm. In-person- Monday, July 27 at 8:00am
- Curtner: Online- Monday, July 27 at 8:00pm. In-person- Tuesday, July 28 at 8:00am
- Weller: Online- Tuesday, July 28 at 8:00pm. In-person- Wednesday, July 29 at 8:00am
- Zanker: Online- Wednesday, July 29 at 8:00pm. In-person- Thursday, July 30 at 8:00am
*Online registration will include a convenience fee per transaction. In-person registration will include a service fee per transaction. Registration is on a first come, first serve basis. Please be aware that due to popularity of the program, spaces fill up quickly!
The After the Bell payment schedule will ensure your child's enrollment into the program for an entire year and provide youth with consistent after school programming. All payments must be received on or before the deadline listed. Should a payment not be received by the deadline, your spot will be forfeited to the next person on the waiting list for the entire school year. There will be no grace period for payments.
We highly encourage our "Auto- Pay" payment feature. To make your payments easier, you can pre-authorize us to charge your credit card according to the payment schedule. Please make sure all credit cards on file are valid and current.
For more information on this registration process or about the ATB program, please contact the Milpitas Sports Center at (408) 586-3225.
|$1,440||Full payment when registering (August 2015 - June 2016)|
|$272||July 27-30, 2015 (August - September) (August - September)|
|$416||September 11, 2015 (October - December)|
|$456||December 4, 2015 (January - March)|
|$296||March 4, 2016 (April - June)|
Please Note: Fees are calculated at $8/day.
- Registration begins the week of July 26, 2015.
- Registration is on a first come, first serve basis.
- Registration/Payments will not be accepted at the schools/program sites. Please register and make payment online or at the Milpitas Sports Center (1325 E.Calaveras Blvd.)
- An additional non-resident fee of $20 for non-Milpitas residents (per registered child) is due with the first payment. For Milpitas residents please be prepared to show TWO proofs of residency for in-person registration.
Things You Need to Know:
- Program hours are Monday-Friday, from school dismissal until 6:00 pm on school days (see Holiday dates for non-program days). During minimum days, the program will begin when school is dismissed until 6:00 pm.
- Only those listed on the Registration Form will be authorized to pick up students from the program. Please make sure to update the form as needed.
- For those participants registered through the payment schedule: payments must be received on or before the deadlines to continue in the program. Late payments are not accepted.
- If a child does not attend school due to illness, they will not be permitted to attend the After the Bell program. Our children's health and safety is our first priority!
- A $10 late fee will be charged starting at 6:01 pm, with an additional $10 for every 10 minutes thereafter. Should the participant not be picked up within a half hour of the end of the program, the Milpitas Police Department will be contacted. Late fees must be paid within three (3) business days, of receiving the late fee notice; otherwise your child will not be allowed to return to the class/program
- Low-income assistance is available to those families who meet HUD requirements requirements through the Recreation Assistance Program (RAP). For more information, call Stephanie Douglas at (408) 586-3226. All information is confidential.
No Program on the following Holidays/Non School Days (2014-2015 School Year):
September 1: Labor Day
November 6: MUSD Staff Development Day
November 11: Veterans Day
November 27 - 28: Thanksgiving Day
December 22-January 2: Winter Break
January 19: Martin Luther King Jr’s Birthday
January 29: MUSD Staff Development Day
February 16 - 20: February Break
March 30 - April 3: Spring Break
May 4: Cinco de Mayo
May 25: Memorial Day
|After The Bell Program||Hours:|
|457 East Calaveras Boulevard||Monday-Thursday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Friday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Program Coordinator: Andrew Mendes||Phone: (408) 586-3231|
The documents above are in PDF format. The files requires an Adobe Acrobat Reader, which may be downloaded for free by clicking on the icon below.