As a prominent gateway to the Silicon Valley, the City of Milpitas' Traffic Engineering section has an integral role in maintaining the City's economic vitality and creating safe and livable neighborhoods that are pedestrian and multi-modal friendly. The Traffic Engineering sections provides the following services:
- Plan transportation improvements to accommodate exiting and future development.
- Seek and acquire local, county, regional, State and Federal funding for transportation projects.
- Assesses traffic impacts of new development proposals and determine mitigation measures.
- Evaluate and monitor the City's transportation network.
- Public Outreach for major transportation projects.
Transportation Overload Permit
For more information, please contact the Commercial Enforcement Officer at 586-2400
To find out more about major transportation construction work in the City of Milpitas click on any of the links.
|BART to Milpitas, San Jose, and Santa Clara project|
|Main Street Plan Line Study|
The Transportation Division is also involved with an array of outreach programs and participates in annual events that promote and encourage the use of commute alternatives, air pollution prevention, traffic and pedestrian safety:
|455 East Calaveras Boulevard||Monday-Friday: 8:00 am-5:00 pm|
|Phone: (408) 586-3290|
The documents above are in PDF format. The files requires an Adobe Acrobat Reader, which may be downloaded for free by clicking on the icon below.