The City of Milpitas wants to help make your proposal a success. Contact the Planning Division at (408) 586-3279 to speak with a planner before completing and submitting any of the forms below. Take advantage of our pre-application process to meet with City staff, review the requirements and verify your application needs.
Administrative permits are reviewed by the Planning Staff in accordance with the Zoning Ordinance. Administrative permit applications are submitted at the Planning counter. These applications can often be reviewed the same day but may require additional time to evaluate, depending on the scope and scale of the request.
Discretionary case applications are submitted at the Planning counter and require additional review time. Depending on the type of application, it may be reviewed by the Zoning Administrator, Planning Commission, or the City Council. There are times when an application requires review by more than one public hearing body.
- Universal Planning Application
- All permits
- Mixed-use development applications.
- Non-residential applications.
- Fence and Wall sign
- The modification of a second story
- The addition of a new second story, or
- The construction of a new two story home
- Submittal Requirements – SB330 Preliminary Application:
- Special Event/Activity Information Packet & Application:
- Temporary Promotional Sign Application: Use this form to apply for a temporary sign, banner, etc
- Tree Removal Permit: Use this form to apply for tree removals of protected trees.
- Fence Approval Form: Use this form to obtain permission from your neighbor to build an 8-foot tall fence where a 6-foot tall fence is allowed by code.
- Agreement for Payment of Costs of Development Application Processing:
- Appeal Form: Use this form to appeal a project. Please submit the form, along with the required fees, to the City Clerk’s Office.
Please note that you need to apply for a building permit with the Building Department after you receive this planning permit. Please also note that no changes to the exterior elevations should be made once your planning permit is approved without first consulting the Planning Department.
This document must be completed for all Telecommunications Antenna applications to determine if the project is subject to review by the Telecommunications Commission.
This document contains facts about regulations for Stormwater Control and tips on implementing a control plan cost-effectively.
This document must be completed for all applications to assist the Planning Commission or City Council in determining if the project is subject to the California Environmental Quality Act.
This document must be completed for any projects that are replacing or adding impervious surfaces.
This document must be completed for all applications to determine the water and sewer needs of the development.