Support for residents who are homeless
- County Shelter Crisis Line: Homeless individuals, families, and organizations that need information about temporary shelter during the COVID-19 pandemic should call the County at (408) 278-6420 for assistance. This line is open for adults 18 and older 9am-6pm seven days per week. Callers may be asked to leave a message if all lines are busy. Click here to view the flyer.
- Milpitas Homelessness Outreach: The City is working with Santa Clara County and Abode services to provide direct outreach and case management services to persons experiencing homelessness in Milpitas. The team visits encampments and helps assess and link clients to resources and housing programs offered by the County. Residents can request a referral to the outreach team. Click here for instructions on the referral process.
- Milpitas Mobile Shower and Laundry: The City is partnering with WeHOPE’s Dignity on Wheels program to provide free hot showers and laundry service every Sunday from 11 AM until 3:30pm (last laundry walk-in is at 2:30pm and last shower walk-in is at 3:15pm). For more information download a brochure or flyers in English and Spanish or call the City of Milpitas at (408) 586-3269 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For additional resources, click here.
Support for residents who are at-risk of homelessness
- City of Milpitas Rent Relief Program: The City’s Rent Relief program offers various forms of financial relief to City of Milpitas residents with emergency housing needs. Click here for more information or call the Silicon Valley Independent Living Center at (408) 894-9041. Click here for a program flyer in English, Spanish, Vietnamese, and Chinese.
- State and County rent relief programs.
Homelessness Policy and Plans
- City of Milpitas Homelessness Task Force (March 2021-Present)
- 12/1/2020 City Council Meeting, Item 9: Dignity on Wheels Mobile Shower and Laundry and Item 10: Endorsement of the 2020-2025 Santa Clara County Community Plan to End Homelessness.
- 11/10/2020 City Council Meeting, Item 7: Unhoused Response and Prevention Plan and Homeless Outreach, assessment and case management services.
- 9/17/20 Information Memorandum to City Council on Homelessness Response and Affordable Housing Initiatives
- Santa Clara County Community Plan to End Homelessness (2020-2025)