DATA AND MAPS
The Department of Planning prepares a variety of interactive web maps and downloadable maps for community organizations, City agencies, City Council, the Mayor’s Office, and the general public.
FIND YOUR PROPERTY’S ZONING
To determine your property’s zoning, use one of these three methods:
- View the interactive zoning map.
- This interactive map shows properties within the City’s incorporated area (city limits). Once your address is found, click on the shaded area near the location icon to display information about the property. You will see zoning as a two-letter designation (for instance MP, CO, MXD) Using the Information Key on the right of the map determine your zoning.
- Once you determine your zoning, follow the link to determine if your use is eligible or not. *Always confirm with a City Planner to avoid costly mistakes, never lease, buy or expand a location before knowing how that property is zoned.
- Visit the Milpitas GIS HUB to Search, Visualize, and Download data.
- Call or Visit the Permit Center for help; we’re on the first floor of City Hall, and at 408-586-3279.