Milpitas Sports Center offers lap swimming and water exercise classes in our heated outdoor pools. Lap swimming and water exercise both provide a great low-impact work out year-round. A Milpitas Sports Center Membership pass or facility drop-in fee is required.
Swimmers will be able to attend lap swim at any time during current lap swim hours at the Sports Center which are:
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 6:00 a.m.-7:00 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.-1:30pm
Saturdays 9:45 a.m.-10:45 a.m.
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 6:00 a.m.-8:00 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.-1:30pm.
Monday – Thursday 5:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 7:15 a.m.-8:00 a.m.
Monday – Thursday 5:00pm-5:45pm
Lap Swim and Water Exercise
- Lap lanes are for continuous lap swimming only. You must be able to swim the length of the pool without stopping. Please do not use the lap lanes for recreational purposes or walking.
- Two lanes will be restricted to water walking only in the yard pool, and will be designated with an orange cone.
- It is not necessary for chaperones to be in the pool during lap swim. However, chaperones must supervise their children ages 14 – 17 while they swim laps and must be present on the pool deck, and may not wait inside the Sports Center.
- The number of swimmers will be restricted to 4.
- When necessary and based on participant’s level of comfort, please share al lane with other lap swimmers in order to accommodate more participants.
- Splitting the lane – when two participants share the lane with each participant only using one side of the lane.
- Circle Swimming- Can be performed by up to 4 participants swimming laps in a circular direction keeping to the right.
- If other participants are waiting, please limit your time to 45 minutes or invite them to share a lane with you.
- There is no longer designated session time and duration. Participants can attend the program at any time during scheduled lap swim hours.
- Participants will check in and pay at the front desk by swim pass, credit card, or cash.
- Locker rooms are open and masks must be worn in the locker room, except while showering.
- Face coverings are required while indoors at the Sports Center facility, no face coverings in the pool.