Milpitas Sports Center offers lap swimming and water exercise classes in our heated outdoor pools. Lap swimming and water exercise both provide a great low-impact work out year-round. A Milpitas Sports Center Membership pass or facility drop-in fee is required.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have implemented new facility rules, an abbreviated schedule and new check-in procedures to keep everyone safe and in compliance with Public Health Orders. Appointment times are limited and fill up quickly. Please read closely so you understand what’s new and reserve your pool use in advance.
New Facility Rules for Lap Swim & Water Exercise During COVID-19
- All lap swim and water exercise appointments start on the hour.
- You may lap swim or participate in water exercise for a maximum of one, 45-minute appointment per day. If you make multiple appointments for the same day, only your first appointment will be processed. All later times will be automatically cancelled.
- Check-in will begin 15 minutes prior to your reservation time.
- You must be age 18+ to register for lap swim and water exercise.
- One (1) person per lane is allowed for lap swim, per the Santa Clara County Public Health Order.
- Ten (10) participants are allowed for water exercise, per the Santa Clara County Public Health Order.
- For lap swim, at check-in, a lane is assigned to you at random.
- If you require use of the ADA accessible chair lift, ask the lifeguard on duty for assistance.
- For water exercise, you will be assigned to an area of the pool at random. If you require use of the ADA accessible chair lift, ask the lifeguard on duty for assistance.
- Cancellations: Appointments may be canceled 24 hours in advance without penalty. To cancel an appointment, please call (408) 586-3225. If you have two (2) no shows, or cancellations made without 24 hours notice, your reservations for the next two weeks will be cancelled.
Abbreviated Lap Swim & Water Exercise Schedule
- Reservations are currently required for Lap Swim and Water Exercise.
- You may make reservations one week in advance. Milpitas residents may make reservations for the following week beginning on Mondays at 8 a.m. Non-residents may make reservations for the following week beginning on Tuesdays at 8 a.m. For your convenience, you may view the availability for the entire month, although reservations are accepted on a weekly basis.
- Reservations can be made online or by phone, (408) 586-3225. If needed, you can purchase or renew a membership pass at the time of your appointment.
- Each appointment reservation equals one visit. You are limited to one visit per person, per day.
- If you are a current Sports Center member and need to gain access to your online account, call (408) 586-3225.
Pool Use Procedure
- You must have a confirmed reservation to use the pool.
- Scan your current membership card upon arrival. If you do not have a valid membership card, you will be required to purchase a drop-in pass or additional visits. Drop in passes are $10.
- You must wear a mask at all times at the facility (entrance, pool deck, restrooms), except when swimming.
- Come dressed to swim and be prepared to leave in swim attire. Locker rooms and showers are closed, per the Santa Clara County Public Health Order, and changing in the restrooms is not allowed.
- A chair will be available for you by the pool, to place your belongings on while you swim.
- In case of rain, please have your belongings in a water-proof bag.
- No equipment will be available for use, i.e. kickboards, pull buoys, water exercise dumbbells, and noodles. You may bring your own equipment.
- Always maintain social/physical distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Follow all staff directions and on posted signage.
- Do not come to the pool if you are feeling sick, exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or have been asked to quarantine due to exposure to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
For more information, contact Program Coordinator Lisa Ciardella, (408) 586-3234.