Milpitas Sports Center offers affordable workouts on a large collection of cardio machines and weight equipment. A Milpitas Sports Center Membership pass or facility drop-in fee is required.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have implemented new facility rules, an abbreviated schedule and new check-in procedures to keep everyone safe and in compliance with Public Health Orders. Appointment times are limited and fill up quickly. Please read closely so you understand what’s new and reserve your fitness equipment use in advance.
New Facility Rules for Fitness Equipment During COVID-19
- All fitness equipment appointment slots are 45-minutes in length and start on the hour to allow 15 minutes for equipment to be cleaned between workout sessions.
- You may use the fitness center for a maximum of one, 45-minute appointment per day. If you make multiple appointments for the same day, only your first appointment will be processed. All later times will be automatically cancelled. If you make two appointments in a day more than once, we reserve the right to suspend membership for three days. To have membership reinstated, you must call the office, (408) 586-3225.
- Check-in will begin 10 minutes prior to your reservation time.
- Eight (8) participants are allowed in the Fitness Room at a time, per the Santa Clara County Public Health Order.
- Cancellations: Appointments may be canceled by 10 a.m. the day prior to your workout without penalty. To cancel an appointment, please call (408) 586-3225. If you have three (3) no shows, or cancellations made without sufficient notice, your membership will be suspended for three days. To have membership reinstated, you must call the office, (408) 586-3225.
Abbreviated Fitness Room Schedule, effective April 12, 2021
Fitness Equipment Workout Sessions*
|8 a.m. - 8:45 a.m.||Monday through Thursday and Saturday|
|9 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.||Monday through Thursday and Saturday|
|10 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.||Monday through Thursday and Saturday|
|11 a.m. -11:45 a.m.||Monday through Thursday and Saturday|
|Noon - 12:45 a.m.||Monday through Thursday and Saturday|
|1 p.m. - 1:45 p.m.||Saturday Only|
|4 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.||Monday through Thursday|
|5 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.||Monday through Thursday|
|6 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.||Monday through Thursday|
* Schedule is subject to change.
- Reservations are currently required for the Fitness Room.
- You may make reservations one week in advance. Milpitas residents may make reservations for the following week beginning on Mondays at 8 a.m. Non-residents may make reservations for the following week beginning on Tuesdays at 8 a.m. For your convenience, you may view the availability for the entire month, although reservations are accepted on weekly basis.
- Reservations for each day’s Fitness Room use close that day at 7 a.m.
- Reservations can be made online, or by phone, (408) 586-3225. If needed, you can purchase or renew a membership pass at the time of reservation.
- You may request to reserve specific equipment pieces through the online system or when making reservations with a staff member over the phone. Online requests are preferred. We do not accept voice mail requests for specific pieces of equipment.
- Each appointment reservation equals one visit. You are limited to one visit per person, per day.
- The link to make an appointment is at the bottom of this page. You may also make a reservation by calling (408) 586-3225, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- If you are a current Sports Center member and need to gain access to your online account, call (408) 586-3225.
Fitness Room Use Procedure
- You must have a confirmed reservation to use the fitness equipment.
- Scan your current membership card upon arrival. If you do not have a valid membership card, you will be required to purchase a drop-in pass or additional visits. Drop in passes are $10.
- You must wear a mask at all times at the facility.
- Come dressed to work out and prepared to leave in workout attire. Locker rooms and showers are closed, per the Santa Clara County Public Health Order, and changing in the restrooms is not allowed.
- Always maintain social/physical distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Follow all staff directions and on posted signage.
- Do not come to the fitness center if you are feeling sick, exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or have been asked to quarantine due to exposure to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
For more information, contact Program Coordinator Lisa Ciardella, (408) 586-3234.