Milpitas residents desiring to advise the City Council may do so by serving on a City Commission. Appointments are made by the Mayor with the concurrence of the City Council. If you are interested in participating in one of the Commissions please contact the City Clerk’s office at (408) 586-3003 to request an application, or you may use the one provided on this website (see details below).
Consider applying to serve on 1 of 12 City of Milpitas Commissions and help to lead the City to success and have fun, too!
Requirements to serve on a Commission: (1) be a resident adult living in Milpitas (2) maintain an interest the subject area of a Commission, and (3) be available to attend all regular meetings of the Commission.
Select other eligibility requirements:
Economic Development Commission – requires members from local business community (often non-residents)
Emergency Preparedness Commission – some from segments of business community
Planning Commission – must be registered voter at current address in Milpitas
Senior Advisory Commission – consists of senior residents
Veterans Commission – members have served or are currently serving in US military
Youth Advisory Commission – students under age 18
There are vacancies on the following commissions as of: February 16, 2021:
- Notice of Unscheduled Vacancy for Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources Commission
- Notice of Unscheduled Vacancy for Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness Commission
- Notice of Unscheduled Vacancy for Science, Technology, and Innovation Commission
- Arts Commission
- Economic Development and Trade Commission
- Energy and Environmental Sustainability Commission
- Library and Education Advisory Commission
- Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness Commission
- Veterans Commission
The Commission Application may then be submitted electronically to the City Clerk using this fillable form. You may also choose to print out the form on paper, fill it in and then mail or deliver it to the City Clerk.
The Commission application form may be used for 11 of the City’s Commissions.
For Planning Commission, use this form and submit both the application and complete the supplemental questionnaire.