The Sports Center (1325 E Calaveras Blvd, Milpitas, CA 95035) is serving as a Community Resource Center and will be open today until 9 pm. Restrooms, water and charging stations for medical and personal devices will be available. The Sports Center phone number is (408) 586-3225. Two intersections remain without power 1) North Abel Street and Redwood Avenue and 2) North Abel Street and Marylinn Drive. Stop signs remain in place. Drivers must come to a complete stop before proceeding through the intersection. Curtner Elementary School is without power but is open with a back-up generator. For more information on the PSPS, visit www.ci.milpitas.ca.gov/pspsPower Outage Update – 10/27/19 @ 6:45 pm:
The Milpitas Sports Center (1325 E Calaveras Blvd, Milpitas, CA 95035) will be open tomorrow, Monday, October 28 from 7:00 am – 9 pm as a Community Resource Center. Restrooms, water and charging stations for medical and personal devices will be available.
There are two major power outages happening in the City which are unrelated to the planned PG&E Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS).
Approximately 1,610 customers are without power due to fires in the area of Barker Street & Casper Street. PG&E has assigned a crew to assess the outage. Time for power restoration is unknown.
Approximately 378 customers are without power in the Jacklin Road & North Park Victoria area. PG&E field personnel have found a downed power line and a repair crew has been sent to the outage location. Time for power restoration is unknown.
What to do during a power outage:
- Unplug or turn off appliances, equipment and electronics to avoid damage caused by surges when the power is restored.
- Leave a single lamp on to alert you when the power returns. Then, turn your appliances on, one at a time.
- Typically, your refrigerator will keep food cold for about 4 hours and a full freezer will keep its temperature for about 48 hours–if the freezer and refrigerator doors are kept closed. Consider using coolers with ice to keep food cold and safe.
- Be sure to use generators, camp stoves or charcoal grills outdoors only. Do not use a gas stove for heat.
- For emergencies that threaten life and safety, call 911.
- Check on your neighbors.
Find updates, resources and more information about the current PSPS, visit www.pge.com/pspsupdates
PG&E customer service line at 1-800-743-5000
To report a downed tree, please contact (408) 586-2400. In the event of an emergency, call 9-1-1.
- One tree at South Park Victoria and intersection of Big Basin
- One tree at the 1200 block of Sunrise Way
- One tree at 500 Elm Avenue
- One tree on Arizona Avenue at Jacklin Road
- Three trees in the 1100-1400 block of Olympic Drive
- North Milpitas Blvd between Jacklin and Beresford
- Signal lights are out on Jacklin from N. Park to the Abel Overpass. A reminder that if a traffic light is out, you are required to come to a full, complete stop at intersections.
- Terrace Garden at Beresford
- Pump station at Wrigley and Country Club
- Safeway and Jamba Juice